Friday 6 January 2012

Up in to the canopy and beyond


Up into the forest I ran with Fable hugging the path close by, above the river and away from the white noise of winter water. Higher the path rises in through the canopy and beyond, if I could only run any faster I might fly straight up and never stop.


 I find myself walking in the woods lots and lots which is great, searching for paths which are enchanting, often a hidden cut through that has been lost through lack of love, or odd deviations from the main thorough fair. Single tracks that drop away steeply or rise in a confusion of twists, tracks with more cloven hoof and paw than boot or bike.

Recently we have a new addition to the Jelley Foundation household (Fable - Lab-Colly cross, with a heart of gold and stomach ready for anything, and everything!) I have more excuses than ever to get out into the wild and run.


So up into Burridge woods I went and hid the secret log book for the walkers on The Watching Way, my most recently published storywalk. I doubt there will be much action until spring on the route, but the winter is all about planning and I am rather excited about the new works on the horizon. Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.