Monday 16 April 2012

Have you taken your Tablets?


The next walks I will be authoring will 'go large' to coin a phrase, the images have always been important to the journey of a storywalk but I find it is only the narrator (the one reading it out to the group) who gets to see these. Having been the narrator quite a few times I am always very focused on the text and working the words to flow and not really paying that much attention to the pictures. I expect all of those reading the stories are focused in much the same way and so the images kind of fall by the way side, so to counter act this I have been working at up-ing the image size. How better to do this than with an iPad, big images for all to see as the narrator reads on.

This is where you pray that your fairy godmother will weave a little magic, or that those allotment runner beans really are magic and can provide all the tools you'll need, but when does that ever happen! Well in a way it has, as I've received a little help in this respect for my creative development from Somerset Art Works and their Creative Pathways Project. My walks are free, open and accessible to all who make the effort, and I even loan my precious Garmin to families to do the walks on trust.

Thankfully the worst that has happened is that it comes back a little chocolaty from kids fingers! I receive no revenue at all from the walks, nor did I receive any for their creation, they are there, because I had to make them for me. The sharing with family, then friends, then everyone came in steps, but still they are free. So when I kind of get some recognition for them in this way I am bowled over and a little a loss for words. 


So thanks to 'Creative Pathways' I can now take the next step in the evolution of my storywalks, pepping them up into a larger mobile format. Their funding has helped me invest in an iPad, which is fabulous, next step is to prise it away from my children who think it's theirs! 

So I must knuckle down and get some delicious images to marry with a new tale along side a location that delights, but here in Somerset I have so many choices. Pass me the sketch pad I need to make a few notes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.