Friday 20 April 2012

Walking with a purpose


I have been pacing back and forth today across Minehead beach, trying to get my phone to see it's own GPS co ordinates. Which if it works will take the storywalks in to the next phase, the concept is simple, use the browser in the mobile phone, with a little php coding along side the geolocation API then it all should come together. Now did you follow that? humm me neither, I kind of understand it but I can't write it so Mr Joiner has put his magic code jockey head into it and created a little page for me to test.

It works on his phone, and I shall try the iPad tomorrow, but my android which is only 16 months old or so is not up to the task. Apparently in mobile phone terms that puts it in the Paleocene era around the time that sea weed appeared (guessing there so don't correct me there is no need!)

The iPad is a bit newer and we'll see if it can cut the mustard, so if you see a lost soul on the sands staring mournfully into the sky searching for satellites! then its only me, testing again. But if the concept works then it will release the storywalks and make them accessible to many more people in a far easier way. With just one URL link I should be able to get people ready to walk, and no apps with files inside (what a headache that's been)

Anyway, I'll keep you posted if I haven't walked over the channel to Wales!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.