Friday 27 July 2012

The Coming of the Scar



Choose a card, I say, holding the pack out face down, and as she reaches forward I whisk them away saying, but not before you have a pure thought! Do you have a pure thought? After a moment she draws 'The Coming of the Scar', OK, I will tell you my story of the scar, then it is your turn, and this is how the story telling begins.

Last night I went to The Creatives Club and decided to take along these cards I have made, they are inspired by Edward Gorey's 'The Fantod Pack' which are macabre and quirky in equal measure. I knocked out 48 in all (8 up on A3) and was surprised to get past 20, in fact I have more in mind and can't seem to stop.

So off I trot to the Creatives Club with the cards in my bag, and great intentions about divinating deep truths through using them in a Tarot style affair but when I arrive I found it easier to just ask 'do you have a pure thought? Followed by, 'then please choose a card'

Firstly people are curious, then a little apprehensive (especially when I say the cards are a little dark!) then intrigued. Confusion quickly follows as they draw and read the card, but then the cards trigger some memory and thats where the storytelling begins.

Would you like to choose a card?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.